This summer, we’d love you to get out of the Dojo and onto the beach to show off your Judo.
How can JudoNSW help?
Well, here’s a few things we can do:
- Promote your Beach Judo session: If your club already does beach Judo – tell us where, and when, in the comments below.
- Help your club with Tips for Beach Judo (see below)
- Give a prize to the best Beach Judo photo posted on Instagram – and Facebook. (To be Announced).
Why do Beach Judo?
Well, its simple.
- Taking your club to the beach promotes Judo to everyone on the beach
- Everyone on the beach gets to see how Judo builds healthy bodies and physiques.
- It’s a fun day that builds club spirit and changes things up a bit.
Tips for Beach Judo – it’s not complicated…
- Don’t make your coach organise it – they’ve got enough to do already. YOU organise it!
- Bring suncreen and towels and bathers (duh)
- Make sure you warm up.
- Take pictures, and post them on Instagram and Facebook.
- Bring some club leaflets for any interested bystanders
- Make sure you have fun…..
Faqs about Beach Judo
- Who can do Beach Judo?
- Anyone with a current JudoNSW membership..
- Should we let members of the public play?
- Nope. But be open to explaining to them whats going on, and getting them along to a beginners session at your club.
- Do I bring my Gi?
- Of course.
- What happens if a big ol’ black belt kicks sand in my face?
- Go to training more often.
- Are there special rules for Beach Judo?
- Yes. Everyone gets an ice-cream after training.
- Should I bring my kids?
- Do I need council approval?
- How do I organise Beach Judo?
- Step 1: Tell your coach.
- Step 2: Agree a meeting place and time on the beach with your (JudoNSW) club mates
- Step 3: Bring your Gi.