8 GREAT REASONS TO ATTEND THIS EVENT!
- The Teams Event matches similar level players into 3 teams which is an ideal stepping stone for judoka who are not qualified for the open competition ( i.e. <9yrs this year: up to White/yellow blacktip. 9yrs+ this year: up to Yellow/orange black tip).
- Higher belts can do both teams and competition. This provides more mat time and experience than a standard competition, in a friendly inter-club environment.
- You do not need to form your own team – 3 large teams are formed on the day by matching all players there, with medals all round
- The Demo Cup is open to demonstrations such as Ukemi, Kata & Self Defence
- Green belts 13yrs+ are encouraged and supported to referee
- Volunteers appointed prior to the day receive free entry and refreshments
- Great quality, low cost food and drinks available all day!!
- Separate Intermediate (Orange/Green), Advanced (Blue/Brown), Masters Divisions (30yrs +) and Special Needs can be formed IF there are matching entries. If this occurs, lower grade players can also fight in higher grade divisions as an Extra Division.