Judo NSW have identified that due to the Covid-19 related cancellation of tournaments, our Senior members currently have reduced opportunities to gain ‘contest points’ towards their next Judo grade.
We are providing the opportunity for Judo NSW Clubs to conduct pre-approved Senior Closed-Club* Tournaments to enable members to gain contest points.
*All contestants must be from the same Judo NSW club.
How it Works
- The Judo Club proposing to conduct the tournament must first seek approval from Judo NSW ([email protected]) prior to conducting the tournament.
- Closed Club tournaments are limited to current financial members of the Judo Club that is approved to conduct the tournament.
- All contestants must be current financial Judo NSW members and have a recognized grade with Judo Australia.
- All matches must be officiated by recognized Judo NSW Referees and must adhere to current IJF referee contest rules, contest durations and the Judo NSW Sporting Code V3.1 (2019).
- All tournaments must be conducted on standard (IJF) tatami and must have a minimum of 6×6 metre contest mat area and an adequate safety throw-off area.
- Completed contest record sheets and results must be provided to Judo NSW ([email protected]) within 1 week of the tournament.