This is to invite you LGBTQ Awareness Training for you and your club members, volunteers and other interested people.
Click here to view and download a flyer to assist with promoting this training in your club.
Pride in Sport will be conducting LGBTQ Awareness Training for Judo NSW staff, volunteers and clubs in an effort to provide formal professional development opportunities on the inclusion of LGBTQ people in your sport.
Click to register for one of the below sessions
- Session 1: Monday 26 Oct 2020; 6:30-8:00pm
- Session 2: Thursday 12 Nov 2020; 6:30-8:00pm
- Session 3: Monday 23 Nov 2020; 3:30-5:00pm
- Session 4: Wednesday 9 Dec 2020; 7:00-8:30pm
Please register 48hrs before the respective session, in order for you to receive the log-in information and other details.
*Minimum 10x participants required for a session to go ahead.
The aim of the session is to provide participants with an overall understanding of why LGBTQ+ inclusion in the workplace and sporting community is important as well as to provide a level of comfort around terminology, explore challenges often faced by LGBTQ employees/athletes and provide awareness on the impact that a culture has on the lived experiences of LGBTQ+ people.
- Understand the business case for LGBTQ inclusion and explain why it is important in a workplace and sporting context
- Understand some of the lived experiences and unique challenges for LGBTQ people and the impact to the workplace/sport
- Understand the diversity of, and differences between sex characteristics, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation
- Learn some introductory actions individuals can take to create a more inclusive sporting culture
Beau Newell is the National Program Manager of Pride in Sport Australia, an Australian first sporting inclusion program specifically designed to assist sporting organisations at all levels with the inclusion of employees, players, volunteers and spectators with diverse sexualities and genders.
Beau Newell JP
National Program Manager – Pride in Sport
My pronouns: he/him/his
If you would like further guidance or support, please email us – firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information (including log-in details) will be provided to each participant in the days leading up to the session. Please register 48hrs before the respective session, in order for you to receive the log-in information and other details.