Please forward Expressions of Interest to the Judo NSW Volunteer Coordinator [email protected] no later than Tuesday 16th March
Exercise due care, diligence and skill in relation to the following areas:
• review risk appetite and risk tolerance, as determined by the board on an enterprise wide basis, and with respect to relevant categories of operational risk;
• internal control systems;
• policies and practices;
• protection of an entity’s assets;
• compliance with applicable laws, regulations, standards and best practice guidelines;
• reporting of financial information to users of financial reports and application of accounting policies;
• facilitating communication between the board of directors and the external auditors;
• other matters as required.
Assist and advise the board of directors in fulfilling its responsibilities to members of Judo NSW on:
• matters relating to the composition structure and composition of the board;
• matters relating to senior executive selection and performance;
• compensation and remuneration issues of the EO and staff;
• other matters as required.
The board nomination & remuneration committee is not a policy-making body but assists the board by implementing board policy and making recommendations which require board approval.
Provide mediation in dispute resolution cases;
Determine and adjudicate disciplinary matters and make recommendations to the Board regarding any sanctions relating to the disciplinary matters;
outside of any MPP matters.
To ensure there are appropriate budgeting processes in place and to monitor the financial position and performance of the organisation.
The main functions of the finance committee include:
• ensuring a budget is prepared in
accordance with board policies;
• reviewing and monitoring the organisation’s periodic financial statements prior to submission to the board;
• recommending improvements regarding the format and presentation of financial information ;
• reviewing any board policies relevant to the financial delegations to the CEO with recommendations for improvements to the board.
Responsible to focus entirely on development of Judo within schools in NSW.
Act as a resource to assist and advise local Judo Clubs on the best way to initiate & maintain Judo with their communities.
Assist in the co-ordination of the annual NSW & Schools Cup (& National) competitions.
Ensure all existing school judo programs are recognized and promoted within Judo NSW.
Responsible for advising & assisting our volunteer network of Club Publicity & Media Officers at each local club. Provide information on how best to attract local media around NSW (e.g. local newspapers, radio and regional TV) for our Judo NSW Clubs.
Marketing and information to assist all Judo Club promote equality and inclusiveness.
Judo is a tough and challenging sport, however our Judo Moral Code provides our Head Club Coaches a great head start. Encouraging our Judo Clubs to support our existing members and make new members feel welcome, into our Judo community.